University College Dublin Non-EU Students Scholarship
The University College Dublin is a research university in Dublin with over 1,482 faculty and 32,000 students. The University is often ranked among the top universities in Europe. There are five Nobel Laureates amongst University College Dublin’s alumni and current and former staff. The University College Dublin Smurfit School is offering non-EU applicants for the MSc in Aviation Finance full-time with the chance to win a scholarship to cover half the tuition fees for this course.
The scholarship aim is to produce graduates of responsible character with the necessary knowledge and skills for professional and national leadership. All course applications from non-EU submitted before the deadline will be considered for this scholarship. Following the assessment of the course applications and those holding Full. The School will then select a small shortlist. These candidates will then be interviewed to selecting a winner.
University College Dublin Non-EU Students MSc Scholarship Eligibility
– An undergraduate degree result equivalent to Irish first class honour (Hons 1.1).
– A strong curriculum vitae/resume.
– Excellently written essay question answers in the course application. There are two at 300 words each.
– If applicable to you when applying, you must meet our minimum English Language Requirement but with an overall IELTS of minimum 7.0, TOEFL 100 / 120 (or equivalent scores in a test we recognise).
Candidates qualifying for more than one scholarship or bursary and successful in that, can’t add or combine them. They will be awarded the higher amount. Candidates can’t transfer or use one scholarship or bursary between or against another programme. Scholarships and bursaries are also not allowed to be deferred to a future academic year so will be awarded to the student for the year they are offered a place only in UCD Smurfit. That is, students can’t defer their place in UCD Smurfit to a future year.
Scholarship Terms and Conditions
– This Scholarship is open to non-EU applicants only, except employees of UCD, and they’re associated affiliated or subsidiary companies, and their immediate families, agents, or anyone connected with this competition.
– The scholarship is limited to those who will have submitted a complete application directly to UCD Smurfit School for 2018 entry to the MSc Aviation Finance full-time by 1st May 2018 and who hold a full, unconditional offer from The School by 15th May 2018.
– The Norman C.T. Liu Aviation Scholarship will be awarded to the candidate deemed to be of the highest calibre by the UCD Smurfit School judging panel. UCD Smurfit School reserves the right not to award the Scholarship prize if no candidate of the required calibre is identified. The decision is last and correspondence will not be entered into.
– Short-listed candidates will be interviewed by the judging panel in The School in the second half of May 2018.
– The prize consists of half tuition fees for 2018/2019.
– The judging panel reserves the right to split the prize fund amongst winners.
– The continuation of the scholarship funding for semester 2 (2018/2019) is subject to the awardees making satisfactory progress on the programme and passing all exams at the end of semester one.
– Candidates must be available to start the MSc Aviation Finance full-time programme in early September 2018.
– The scholarship is not open to recipients of any other scholarships being awarded by UCD Smurfit School but is to open to those who have applied for 2018 entry to the programme.
– Closing date for entries: 5 pm (GMT) on 1st May 2018.
– Interviews will be scheduled in the second half of May 2018.
– Winning candidate will be informed in the first week of June 2018.
– Classes begin in early September 2018.
– No cash alternative.
– No substitutions allowed.
– The winner must agree to take part in publicity, if applicable.
– Canvassing will disqualify.
How to apply: To apply for this scholarship, candidates must submit a course application for the MSc Aviation Finance Full-Time. There is no separate applications process for this Scholarship, therefore. It is based on the quality of your real course application. If you would like more information on this scholarship or our MSc programme, please contact UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +353 1 716 4321. You can also visit the University College Dublin scholarship website for more detailed information.