Skype Updates Now Enhances IP Address Privacy Option
Skype updates will hide your IP address by default settings enhanced by Microsoft primarily at gamers to prevent attackers from obtaining their Skype ID. The move for the update by Microsoft was essentially aimed to protect the privacy of their users. In the past, Skype users could have access to each other’s IP addresses which has really put a severe violation on an individual’s privacy.
This new Skype updates will keep the users’ IP addresses hidden from other Skype users, and this measure will definitely help to prevent individuals from obtaining a Skype ID and resolving to an IP address. Though Microsoft said the new update is primarily for gamers due to the booming popularity of the online gaming space. Previously, vengeful gamers have managed to target other players’ computers by obtaining their IP addresses.
The Step by Step Skype Updates Guide to Protect your IP address from Being Targeted
This is a guide on how to stop your Skype username resolved and your IP found for PC and not for other devices. Tools > Options > Advanced > Connection. Read: Social Media Manager to Boost New Business Website
On the top of the Skype application, there should be headers, Skype, Contacts, Conversation, etc. Navigate to “Tools” and press, then go to “Options” after that locate to the “Advanced” header and find “Connection”, press this and you will have settings ready to be changed.
Follow these steps from the top of the settings to the bottom and you should do fine
– “Use port  for incoming connections.”
– Check “Use port 80 and 443 for additional incoming connections.”
– Select “HTTPS” from the drop-down menu.
– Put the Host as [127.0.0.1] and the Port as .
– Uncheck “Enable Proxy Authentication” if it is checked.
– Uncheck “Enable UPnP” if it is checked.
– Check “Allow direct connections to your contacts only.”
– Then press “Save” in the bottom right corner.
Images showing step 2. Check if yours looks the same.
Finishing up step 1-3. Changing IP
Now that you have saved the editing of connection settings you should now sign out of your Skype account, quit Skype and end any Skype.exe’s running in the background using Task Manager. If you do not have any knowledge on it, I recommend just restarting your PC machine for safer measures.
When that is done this people most likely will still be able to get the IP address you have after changing the settings but if you change your IP address they will still have the old IP, not your new one. Now you are probably thinking “How do I change my IP then?”
Changing your IP address.
To change your IP there are two things you can do to my knowledge. To start CLICK HERE this will give you your IP address write or type that down somewhere so you can tell if your IP has changed later. The first way to change your IP: Allot of ISP’s (Internet Service Providers) these days will allow you to turn off your Networking Modem/Router (In Australia at least.), for an extended duration of time (5-10+ minutes.) which would then change your IP this is called Dynamic.
After doing this check back on the website or refresh the page and see if your IP has changed if it has then you are done. You are safe from having your Skype username resolved if your IP hasn’t changed. follow the,
Second Skype Updates Guide to change your IP Address:
– Simply call up support and ask them a way to change your IP address or look on online support, they will surely help guide you through and help you change it.
– Just tell them that people are DDOS’ing or are doing things with your IP online (explain what it is) or are going to and you want to protect yourself from it, that is if they ask why. If they do not allow you to change your IP then there is nothing I can do, unless you want to research another way on how to do it. One way or another most of the time there should be a way somewhere out there on how to change your IP just research on it.
– After your IP being changed you should be Scott free if you have followed these steps correctly. To test use some Skype resolving websites and use your own Skype username, if this guide has worked it shouldn’t give an IP Address
https://www.businessmeg.com/skype-updates-enhances-users-ip-address/https://i2.wp.com/www.businessmeg.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Skype-Logo.png?fit=450%2C300&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/www.businessmeg.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Skype-Logo.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1SoftwareBusiness,Business Website,Skype,Skype application,Skype Updates,Social Media,Social Media Manager