Pension Real Estate Association MSc Annual Scholarship
The Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) in keeping with their educational mission annually awards scholarships to promising students studying real estate at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The scholarships are awarded through the association’s scholarship program and financial need will be considered in determining the amount of each award. Potential recipients who demonstrate no need will be eligible to receive the minimum award. Pension Real Estate Association also partners with the Robert A. Toigo Foundation to grant a PREA/Toigo scholarship which is awarded to minority and women students.
The Pension Real Estate Association scholarships awarded by the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors Chicago Chapter and the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors Foundation recognize and reward outstanding academic performance in business and real estate courses and expose recipients to career opportunities and internship programs available within the Chicago real estate community.
In 2017, the Pension Real Estate Association (PREA) distributed $30,000 to students in the following manner
– $20,000 was given to graduate and undergraduate students majoring or concentrating in real estate. Funds were disseminated according to our criteria through PREA’s scholarship program administrator, Scholarship America. This year 2018, 9 students received scholarships.
– $10,000 was granted to the Robert A. Toigo Foundation to collaborate with them in supporting the education and professional development of minority students pursuing careers in real estate. The Robert Toigo Foundation selected four Fellows who shared in the $10,000 award.
Pension Real Estate Association MSc Annual Scholarship Details
– Each academic year, four $3,000 scholarships will be awarded to students from four universities throughout the Chicago area.
– Award recipients will also be eligible to attend the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors Chicago Chapter business meetings, as long as they stay in their academic programs.
– Award recipients are also encouraged to attend the scholarship presentation to be held during Society of Industrial and Office Realtors Holiday Luncheon.
Other Associated Scholarships
CREW Foundation Scholarships: The Foundation Scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and are intended to help finance the educational endeavours of full-time female undergraduate and graduate students pursuing education which will lead to careers in the commercial real estate industry. As part of the scholarship package, each recipient will receive a paid internship at a commercial brokerage firm.
The number of awards and the specific dollar amount of each award (which will not be less than $5,000), will be identified based upon the availability of scholarship funds. These scholarships are available to junior or senior-level undergraduate students, and to students enrolled in graduate programs, to cover the costs of tuition and books.
Core Net Scholarship: The goals of the CoreNet Global-Chicago Chapter Award for Academic Excellence is to help qualified students in pursuing an education in real estate; to ease opportunities that will lead to productive careers in the corporate real estate, and to promote real estate as a discrete and important field of study within the academic community.
CoreNet Global-Chicago Chapter Award for Academic Excellence recipients will receive a $5,000 scholarship and a one-year student membership to CoreNet Global through the Chicago Chapter as long as they remain in an academic real estate program. The recipient will also receive free admission to all CoreNet Global-Chicago Chapter educational and networking events for one calendar year, recognition at the annual New Member Appreciation Event and a profile in the CoreNet Global-Chicago Chapter newsletter.
Goldie B. Wolfe Miller Scholarship: The Goldie B. Wolfe Miller Scholarship is available to female real estate students who have been admitted to an MSRE or MBA program with a concentration in real estate. The candidates must prove strong intellect with effective written and oral communication skills and mastery of critical thinking. Applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a least 3.0 (out of 4.0) GPA, and must have a least of 3 years’ work experience in the CRE industry or relevant work in the real estate industry.
Pension Real Estate Association Scholarships Eligibility Requirements
– The applicant must be of junior or senior standing during the school year 2015-2016 for undergraduate applications or enrolled full-time in an applicable graduate program for graduate applications.
– The applicant must have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
– The scholarship is only available to citizens of the United States and Canada. Visit the application website for more detailed information.
An applicant for the Pension Real Estate Association must be enrolled as a full-time student at a college or university with an accredited real estate program. Applications will also be considered if the applicant is a female enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university that does not have an accredited real estate program, but where the applicant’s focus of study is in any area included in the qualified fields of commercial real estate for CREW membership, and where it is the applicant’s intent to pursue a career in commercial real estate.