Email Listing Building for Your Small Business Website
You may be thinking of email list but not sure why it is so important for your business website. Many small business owners and entrepreneurs do not really see the impact of building email listing right until they see the impact of email lists can have on their small business website traffic and revenue. This article will show you the top reasons why building your email listing is important. This article will also show the step by step on how to start building your email list.
Email listing is the list of names and email addresses of people who have given you permission to send them updates and promotions from your small business via email. These subscribers will join your email list from your small business website and verified their identity by clicking on a link sent to their email for verification.
Email listing get 10 times higher conversions than social media campaigns
Email is Personal: Email allows you to land into your subscriber’s inbox. There is no ranking system limiting your reach. It is very direct, personal, and casual.
Email is Purposeful: To get your email a user needs to signup for your email list and confirm their email address. Someone doing this much work is obviously interested in hearing from you, and they are much more receptive to your message.
Email is Targeted: As we mentioned earlier the user has already shown interest in your products/content. Since you already know what they like, you can deliver them relevant content and offers to get better results. This is called segmentation, and we will cover that later in the article.
You Own Your Email List: You do not own Facebook, Twitter, or Google. Your social media campaigns and SEO efforts can go to waste when these platforms change their policies. On the other hand, you own your email list, and it is not influenced by the decisions of other businesses.
Email is 1-on-1: People read email in the privacy of their inbox. The message is not on a public timeline or news feed. They can ask you questions directly in private with confidence. This helps build trust and connection.
Email marketing is the best long-term investment with a higher return. Because people will continue to get their message at a very low-cost for a longer period.
Tools You Need to Start Building your Email Listing
– Your Small Business Website or Blog
– An Email Marketing Service (like MailChimp)
– A High-Converting Opt-in Forms
There are many email marketing services online, beginners often use the free options to save cost, but some of those free platforms are not the best option. Services like FeedBurner or Jetpack Subscriptions offer blog subscription via email. This allows your users to receive an email update every time you publish a new blog post. But they do have their downside;
– You will have to create a blog post to send an email. This means that the information you want to share will have to be publicly available first. You can’t send out private email newsletters.
– You can’t personalize the email message. It will be delivered in the same format often with no branding or personalization.
– You can’t categorize subscribers by interests, demographics, or content type.
– There is no reporting. You don’t know how many people got an email, what percentage of users opened it, and how many of them clicked on links.
– If you later tried to move to a paid service, your users will have to re-confirm their subscription. Many of them will not do it, and you will end up losing subscribers.
– You can send private mass emails to your subscribers.
– You can see subscriber activity and group your subscribers based on actions they take.
– You can run A/B split tests to see which email subject line, content, and offers work best with your subscribers.
– With reporting tools, you can see which country you have the most subscribers from. You can adjust your time zone preferences, and send emails at the right time.
– The most important, you can see the email addresses of all your subscribers.
There are hundreds of professional email marketing services available, but we have compiled a list of the best email marketing services. The professional email marketing services offer a 60-day free trial. This gives you plenty of time to set up and starts seeing the results. At the end of 60 days, your email list would likely be paying for itself (cost $20/month)
Choosing the right email marketing service for your small business website email listing is very important, getting more subscribers is even more important because this is how you make money. The biggest mistake beginners make is not strategically placing high-converting opt-in forms. Some WordPress themes come with built-in sidebar widgets, they don’t convert as well. Your email marketing service may also give you codes to embed in your theme, but that requires you to know how to code.
This is why Wpbeginner recommends their users to use OptinMonster. It is the most powerful conversion optimization software that helps you convert abandoning website visitors into subscribers and customers. You can easily create high-converting option forms such as lightbox popups, floating header and footer bars, slide-in scroll boxes, full-screen welcome mat, after post and inline forms, and more.
OptinMonster really powerful is the behaviour automation and personalization features. OptinMonster allows you to automatically show different opt-in forms based on where the user is coming from, which page they are visiting, and what they are doing on your website.
Culled from Wpbeginner | Revealed: Why Building Your Email List is so Important Today!
https://www.businessmeg.com/email-listing-building-small-business/https://i0.wp.com/www.businessmeg.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Revealed_-Why-Building-Your-Email-List-is-so-Important-Today.png?fit=450%2C300&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/www.businessmeg.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Revealed_-Why-Building-Your-Email-List-is-so-Important-Today.png?resize=150%2C150&ssl=1Digital MarketingBusiness Management,business management software,Business Website,Email Listing,Email Marketing,Make Money,Small Business,small business owners,Small Business Website,Social Media