California Association of Realtors Scholarship Foundation
The California Association of Realtor’s scholarship foundation to help students whose intelligence, qualities of leadership and health make them assets worth developing for the future good of the state and encourage people going into the real estate business to get a quality real estate education. The award foundation is up to $4,000 for students enrolled in four-year colleges/universities and $2,000 for students enrolled in two-year colleges.
The California Association of Realtors Scholarship Foundation was established in 1948. The foundation, which was originally called the Glenn D. Willaman Real Estate Foundation, was suggested and started at the Silver Anniversary Testimonial Banquet for Glenn D. Willaman, the Association’s first Executive Officer, at the 42nd Convention of the California Real Estate Association (as C.A.R. was previously known) in 1946. The Association wished to honour Willaman for his twenty-five years of service to it and started the Foundation with $1,874.38 in cash, a $1,000 bond and some donation pledges
Are you a student at a California College or University pursuing a degree for a career in the real estate field? You may choose to apply for a California Association of Realtors scholarship foundation award. This scholarship program is for students enrolled at a California College or University pursuing a degree for professions which are centred on or support a career in real estate transactional activity such as
– Real Estate Brokerage
– Real Estate Finance
– Real Estate Management
– Real Estate Development
– Real Estate Appraisal
– Real Estate Planning
– Real Estate Law
– Commercial Real Estate
– and Other fields of study the Trustees believe worthy of consideration.
For any further question about the scholarship foundation, check out the Scholarship Foundation FAQs. Find out how you can apply for a California Association of Realtor’s scholarship foundation grant.
California Association of Realtors Scholarship Foundation Minimum Requirements
– A serious commitment to a real estate career
– Currently enrolled in a two or four-year college in California
– Enrolled at the time of application in a minimum of six units, including one real estate or real estate-related course
– Completed a minimum of twelve college level course units within the last four years.
– Completed at least two Real Estate or Real Estate related courses
– Maintained a cumulative grade point average of 2.6 or higher from all college/universities attended