Business management is a course of study that prepares you for a career in business, which may stretch across any sector or industry. Your career options are therefore varied. You need to try to decide on the area you want to work in and aim to get relevant work experience. Obtaining a certificate in business management will propel your career by helping you develop the skills needed to become a more effective leader, manager or supervisor.
As managers move up the organizational ladder, soft skills become just as important as technical skills, after all, the ability to lead and motivate employees is the key to success for any business. With a business management certificate, you can smoothly navigate the transition from individual contributor to a leader of others is more critical than ever for professional advancement.
This is a course of study is taught by working professionals who are leaders in their fields, the business management certificate program will enhance your management skills with a variety of practical, skills-based learning experiences covering an array of topics. These include coaching, data analytics, emotional intelligence, project management and human resources.
Why You need to Enroll for a Business Management Certificate Course
– Entrepreneurs and business owners
– Supervisors and managers at all career levels
– Managers expecting to take on leadership roles
– Those who are not officially managers but are expected to lead and influence others in their current positions
Prerequisites for a Business Management Certificate
The program is delivered in the classroom with face-to-face instruction.
– Select the courses that best fit your needs
– Typical program duration is 8 to 12 months
– The program consists of 8 courses
– The duration of each course is one to two days
– Courses can be taken as they are offered—each course is offered two to three times per year in the fall, spring, and summer terms
You can gain work experience at the University through extracurricular activities such as club membership or taking a role in a society that will develop your team-building, business or finance skills. You could also try to get a part-time job in an area related to your chosen career. Something that provides commercial skills or gives you knowledge in business functions and how organisations use will be helpful
Business Management Certificate Skills for your Resumes
Studying for a business management degree allows you to develop a broad understanding of business organisations and provides you with subject-specific knowledge in areas such as markets, customers, finance, operations, communication, information technology and business policy and strategy. Business issues are often addressed at a European and international level.
You will gain a number of transferable skills on your course including:
– An understanding of organisational behaviour and structure;
– Analytical and critical thinking;
– A creative approach to problem-solving;
– Persuasive written and oral communication;
– Numeracy and the ability to research, interpret and use business and financial data;
– Self-reliance, initiative and the ability to manage time, projects and resources;
– Appreciation of the causes and effects of economic and other external changes.
Visit the prospects website to learn more about what a business management graduates can do. More than 10% of graduates go on to further study or combine further study with work. We recommend you register at the University of Texas at Austin for the full certificate program to receive the best discount possible. Each course is priced individually; when taking courses individually, the total cost of the program can be up to $4,260. When you enrol in the certificate program and prepay, you will save up to 15% of the total cost of the package. The cost of the certificate program depends on the courses you select, with course fees ranging from $435 to $695.